Friday 12 August 2011

My Design Career

Ever since I was a boy, I have always been interested in art and drawing. I haven’t particularly been told that I am good, but I have enjoyed drawing and making with whatever I had. In high school, I did enjoy subjects like English and science, but I especially enjoyed working on my artworks for art subject. On other side of my mind, I have had passion to study design because I have seen many friends studying industrial design, interior design, fine art or even architecture. That, I think, is the motivation of choosing Industrial design as my major

I was quite influenced by my friends to apply for industrial design as I have heard and thought that there can be a variety of opportunities and directions in future after studying industrial design as major. Also, at the time when I had to apply for universities, I finalized myself that I am more into design rather than art because I wanted to study design and leave art as one of my hobbies. Frankly, it is quite difficult to particularly separate design and art but that was what I thought at that time.

Among other universities, I chose UNSW as the university is well-renowned for its exceptional quality of education and campus environment. More importantly, industrial design program at UNSW is comprised of a diverse range of design activities such as model making and computing design. That is another vital reason why I chose UNSW as the high reputation of UNSW would support me well to study the significant features of Industrial design.

For my future in design, I would like to travel and broaden my sight in terms of design and develop myself as design will be my career. As I have learnt that design is not only about producing products, but also expressing emotions and personal ideas. Therefore, as I am aware that I am predominantly lack of that now, I want to develop myself by travelling before getting a job or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment